It's not attention seeking at all, it's the opposite. If someone gets angry, all I can think is: what did I do wrong? How much do they hate me? So I feel it is absolutely necessary to apologise
It is very common in neurodivergent people (autism, ADHD) to be very self aware like this, doubtful of themselves - it's also related to anxiety
At work, training involves objectivity and accountability: if we do something wrong, we have to own up to it and say "My bad", blaming others is not tolerated at all
I have low self esteem because of rejection, either socially or romantically, this means I put myself down a lot, and hold very low expectations for myself
I have severe anxiety and it is not under control. I have seen CBT, I've seen a therapist, and my symptoms are getting worse
A normal person would not react by shouting, storming off or using the silent treatment. A normal person would say: Hey, I'm sorry for being a jerk yesterday