- Bills. Often, services like electric, gas, council tax, internet, mobile and TV licence will all permit direct debit. In some cases like Santander 123, you can get cashback on these as well.
- Magazine subscriptions. Some websites will connect via direct debit.
- Charities. Some of them will allow the minimum of £1/month on a dedicated day of your choice. Just don't accept to share information or receive any promotional material / spam. Maybe even try entering their own address as direct debit doesn't require an address.
- Minimum of £1/month donation:
- Cancer Research
- MS Society
- Stroke Association
- Alzheimer's Society
- Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Roald Dahl Charity
- Prostate Cancer
- Salvation Army
- Royal National Institute of Blind People
- Royal National Lifeboat Institute
- Dogs Trust
- Others that are more expensive:
24 April 2017
Meeting your 2 direct debit quota for bank accounts
If you are signing up for certain bank accounts they require you to be paying at least 2 direct debits every month. Here are some ideas of what you can use: