Even though I've had a current account with Barclays for 29 years, Barclaycard were unable to complete setting up a direct debit on the opening of the Credit Card account to my Barclays account before the first payment was due. In addition, the Barclays app and Barclaycard app and website overlap in functionality which is confusing. I only went with Barclays because I thought I would be more likely to be accepted and needed one short notice for work, this being my first time applying for a credit card ever, and as I know a colleague when he first applied, Barclays was the only one who accepted him. Barclays were offering a lower rate of 0.25% interest compared to Tandem at 0.5%, I would have gone with them otherwise but needing one fast, I knew Barclays were reliable. Personally I don't agree with the concept of providing loans to anyone who doesn't need them, and I don't think people with credit cards should get better payment protections that those with debit cards.