There are loads of reasons why Firefox is better than IE, here's what really pulled me in:
- It is faster. You can actually notice it when it loads the pages.
- There are a lot more add-ons and themes for Firefox than IE.
- Crash recovery. Saves a lot of time.
- Instead of NetXfer for downloads (IE only), I now use Download Accelerator Plus - for the "download all" feature mainly
- Instead of IE7Pro, Firefox has all of it's features built in.
- Instead of AdsGone, I can now use AdBlock Plus and get updates for string filters. It's much easier for beginners to use instead of editing the Hosts file.
- I can run IE's engine in Firefox with IETab, so I can do my Windows Updates in Firefox, as well as view my website in Firefox as well.
- I hated Firefox's way of scrolling down pages. It jerks around all the time or moves too slowly.
I did find a fix for this, though: http://www.earthv.com/tips_detail.asp?TipID=76
- I didn't like the American spelling for fields, so I downloaded the British Dictionary :D *grumble* stupid ruddy Americans thinking they can steal our language then change it, silly idiots! *cools down* Anyway...
- I wanted the "Create Shortcut" back; and also wanted to backup all my passwords and "bookmarks" in case Firefox broke - downloaded them from here: http://www.pikey.me.uk/mozilla/
- I had to get my search engines back for the Search toolbar in Firefox - and I was pleased to find a whole website devoted to them :D
- I did have a little trouble installing Adobe Shockwave and Flash but after giving it a damn good kicking it worked fine.
Ssssoooooooooo. There you go. I can't think of what to say, except maybe, "are you gonna make the switch?"
And if you have already done so, well done. *WeLcOmE tO tEh ClUb*
Remember, surf safe! (I know I say that every bloody time and it sounds really annoying, but I just feel like saying it!!!)